Now it's more like a couch carrot.
You know, because carrots are slimmer, sweeter, and better for you.
Plus they're orange. I like orange.
Anyway, this couch re-upholstering process has been going on over the course of a couple of years. It's a large couch, and we have had to work on it in phases.
Plus I had a baby during that time so that kind of slowed things down.
Here's the project: a large sectional couch. Some very nice friends gave us this beauty. It is in great condition, a really good quality couch. The fabric, while in great shape, was outdated, so we decided to recover it.
Here is the before. As you can see, we had moved it into our new house before it was finished.
The couch has three pieces. Seven back pillows, six bottom cushions, and five throw pillows.
A close up of the original fabric. It's very pretty, just outdated colors.
As I said it took a long time to get everything finished. We focused on one section of couch at a time, then my mom took a few pillows/cushions home to work on a time.
I only took pictures of our last recovering session. The most time consuming part was taking it apart. This last time it went a lot faster because Nick helped us. He was able to rip most of the old stuff off by hand, which saved Mom and I from all the bloody gashes we would get trying to get it off with screwdrivers and staple pullers.
There is proof that I helped!
Mostly I just assisted Mom while she did all the parts that required real skill.
Love this awesome stapler!
Crosby was helping too.
This is the reality of what was happening: Mom making magic.
So this is what it looked like with the other sections as well.
The finished product! It looks amazing!
We finished the pillows up the same day as the couch.
A view of the side.
Definitely a couch carrot now!