This project has been a long time coming, but yea! It's finally finished!
I have this beautiful painting my dear friend painted for me (along with some help from friends and relatives) for my husband and I when we got married. It's had a prominent spot in our living room since, but it looked a little naked. I've been wanting a frame for it, thinking Nick would have to custom build one, but one day I cam across one at a local thrift shop that was (mostly) the perfect size!
I got it for $5! It even came with a painting in it, but I didn't need it.
Close up of the original finish.
I actually had plans to do a distressed look, but forgot that I shouldn't prime it to do that particular method.
This is what I ended up with. Just plain orange. The picture makes it look more yellow-orange than it is in real life. It's the same color that I have painted in my kitchen.
Oh it looks so much better! My painting now looks complete!