Friday, June 28, 2013

Frame Spruce Up

This project has been a long time coming, but yea! It's finally finished!

I have this beautiful painting my dear friend painted for me (along with some help from friends and relatives) for my husband and I when we got married. It's had a prominent spot in our living room since, but it looked a little naked. I've been wanting a frame for it, thinking Nick would have to custom build one, but one day I cam across one at a local thrift shop that was (mostly) the perfect size!

I got it for $5! It even came with a painting in it, but I didn't need it.

Close up of the original finish.

Primer coat.
I actually had plans to do a distressed look, but forgot that I shouldn't prime it to do that particular method.

This is what I ended up with. Just plain orange. The picture makes it look more yellow-orange than it is in real life. It's the same color that I have painted in my kitchen.

Oh it looks so much better! My painting now looks complete!

1 comment:

  1. Wow it looks great! The frame "frames it" perfectly!
    it made it look sooo cool