background

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Presto Pesto!

The cold weather has finally hit! It's been freezing this week, so I decided I needed to make the best of the rest of my fresh basil. So, I made some home made pesto! I don't know where I got the recipe, it's just one I had in my book. Here's how it goes:

Basil Pesto

With a food processor, chop 3 c. basil and 1 tbsp olive oil.


Add 1 c. olive oil, 2/3 c. parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons garlic, and 1/2 c. walnuts 
(calls for pine nuts but this is all I had). 


Process until smooth! Made about two half pint jars full.


Now to make some Basil Ranch Sauce!



1 comment:

  1. thanks!! we picked basil yesterday and i could not remember your recipe- and i thought- surely you blogged it- the famous pesto!! so we made it! yum!

    ReplyDelete