background

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Coffee Sense: Biscotti!

Here is my recipe for biscotti. It was a recipe given to my mom by a friend, and it's basically the same one that I've used ever since. It turned out great this time and I'm so glad to have it again!

Although, when I went to make a cappuccino, my brewer got clogged and after two attempts, I realized my espresso was not ground fine enough. So I didn't have a cappuccino with my fresh biscotti, but fear not! Coffee was consumed alongside this wonderful treat!

Almond Biscotti

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix dry ingredients: 5c. white flour, 3c. granulated sugar, 3/4 teaspoon baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.


Add 6 eggs,


then add 1 Tablespoon each of the secret ingredients: Amaretto and almond extract.


Roll dough into 6 separate balls.


Then roll each ball out into long logs and place three a piece on a greased cookie sheet.


Bake 20-30 minutes. Remove each log and slice on a diagonal. Replace each sliced piece onto the cookie sheet on its side. Return to the oven and bake about 10 more minutes.


Remove from oven. Flip each piece. Biscotti is a cookie that is "twice baked." This is your double baking. Return to oven and bake at least 5 minutes more.


Voila! Enjoy with your favorite coffee beverage. Warning: this biscotti recipe yields super hard cookies; it is meant specifically to be dipped into a beverage.

No comments:

Post a Comment