background

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Baby Rockstar Mobile

I've been working on the concept for my baby mobile for a while. My mom said she had my old mobile in storage, and that I could use the mechanisms to make my own. Unfortunately we have not stumbled upon it, but I decided to work on the mobile part anyway. Here's what I ended up with:






I know it's kind of hard to see what all is actually  mobile, but without it hanging on something it's really hard to photograph. I made the frame out of drumsticks that I tethered together with a broken guitar string. Then I splattered paint on it in the colors of his room. I had these music note ornaments that I painted the right colors, but I only had three. I had an extra hook in a "J" shape, so I took the hook part off and painted it the right color. The black and silver guitar in the middle was a decal that a local music shop gave to me. My husband drilled small (I mean tiny) holes into the ends of the drumsticks, and that's where I strung everything up using macrame cord. I would have used more guitar string, but I only had one. I might replace the cord next time I restring my guitar.

Now all I have to do is find a mobile frame to fasten it to. The search continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment