background

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Scrabble Letter Coasters

I saw these Scrabble Letter Coasters on Pinterest and immediately wanted to make them.

It was no easy task collecting the materials, let me tell you. I was trying to find an old Scrabble game at a thrift shop, but I guess no one likes to give those sucker up. After a few months of looking, I finally came across a brand new game and bought it for $1! Sweet! Since then I found another game and have obtained many letters to make as many coasters as I want!

Here's what you'll need:
At least one Scrabble game's worth of letters, if not more.
(I was only able to get four coasters in the "drink" theme with one game)
Cork for the backing
All purpose glue like E6000



First, figure out the words you want and how many coasters you'll make.


Arrange one coaster on your cork.


Outline on the cork the size you'll need for the backing.




Cut it out.


To save time, mark all the other cork pieces using the first one you cut out.


Now glue your letters to the cork.


And there! It's that easy! Home made coasters that make a statement!


No comments:

Post a Comment