background

Friday, July 6, 2012

Fruits of the Garden

The garden is coming along well. The weather has cooperated in giving us enough rain to keep things green and keeping the temperature under 100 degrees. Of course, sprinklers help too.




First crop of tomatoes: cherry. They are the biggest and juciest I've ever grown! I've since picked both regular tomatoes and romas. Soon to be making salsa and hopefully canning tomatoes.


This was my first crop of tomatillos, just enough to make one batch of salsa verde. It turned out perfectly! I've since picked enough to make another batch, and I've found a method for canning the sauce that I'd like to try. I'll let you know how it goes.


This was my first jar of pickled okra. Using Nick's grandma's recipe for pickling, I'm able to pickle one jar at a time, as a get enough okra. We'll see how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment