background

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Oven Baked Fries

You know when you have that craving for something that's absolutely not good for you? Namely fast food?

That happens to me. A lot. I'm only able to avoid running to the nearest Arby's because it's 40 minutes away. Country living keeps me skinny. Sort of.

Anyway, because of my proximity to those kinds of foods, I'm usually forced to make them myself. Which can be a great success, or a horrible failure.

My mom came up with this amazing recipe for oven baked fries. Ahh, fries. That forbidden fruit. These fries are just as good as restaurant fries, but way better for you. Thanks Mom!

Oven Baked Fries

3-4 medium sized potatoes, sliced to fry size
2 Tbsp butter
Seasoning of your choice

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.


Line a jellyroll pan with foil. Add the butter and put in the oven to melt.


Once the butter melts, take out the pan.


Add the potatoes and coat in the butter.


Season with your choice of seasonings. I used garlic salt and cajun seasoning. Put in the oven for 10 minutes.


 Remove pan from oven. Stir and flip potatoes. Return to the oven for 15 minutes.


If you need a little time before the rest of dinner's ready, you can turn the oven off and leave the fries inside to keep them warm.



No comments:

Post a Comment