background

Friday, September 14, 2012

Whew...What a Week!

As I sit here and sip my second helping of Nick's home made wine, I think back on the recent events that have driven me to it.

Ryder was sick this week. It's the first time that he has been really sick. Throwing up and just giving me that empty stare. Ugh. Praying that he doesn't throw up tonight. He was much better this evening, like, totally normal, but still, I hope his stomach is back to normal.

I went to the dentist this week. Had my first filling ever. GAH!

Biggest thing of all, I weaned Ryder. I have been dreading this for a WHILE, but while on our recent trip, I decided that as soon as we got home, Ryder was getting weaned. Well, I did it. I had to go cold turkey, which was not ideal but for the best in this particular situation. I tried the gradual thing once before and it was just too confusing to him to have it available sometimes but not others. So we cut it off. Totally. And you know what? He's taken it really well. Me on the other hand, I'm still awaiting great relief. Seems like the pain is waning though. I found a great article for weaning cold turkey, and thought I'd post it. There are many reasons to wean this way, even though it's not preferred. Keep your cabbage handy!

What this is all boiling down to is that while there has been little activity on my blog, there has been much happening in the real world. I hope to post some different projects soon, but no promises. We have another big trip coming up and there's just no telling how soon I'll get to it.

Till then, later!


No comments:

Post a Comment