background

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Greetings From Pigeon Forge!

I'm sitting on the deck of our large, fully equipped, filled with love and family cabin, watching the rain and pondering the coming week or so of fun, relatives, and spiritual fulfillment.

We're in Pigeon Forge, observing the Feast of Tabernacles (although it hasn't officially started yet). It is so beautiful here. Everyone from my family has made it here safely, and we've already enjoyed one night of beer, wine, and m&ms.

It wasn't cake getting here though. Ryder possibly got a severe neck ache in the car the first day of driving, and it continued to bother him the second day, although not quite as bad. Thankfully today he's chipper and turning his head like a pro. My brother, my mom, my niece, and I  have all gotten colds. Yuck. Hopefully a good night's sleep (and a little natural concoction from my sis-in-law) will leave us all good as new.

Since we just got here, we've mostly been drinking coffee and playing with kids. There was a short jaunt to Ihop where we continued to drink coffee and play with the kids. Tomorrow we might go grocery shopping or something, depending on how everyone feels. I wouldn't mind doing a little hiking, but we'll see.



Ryder ran around the hotel the first night out. Xander and Ryder played on the guitar. Xander is really going to be gifted with music.


Our view from the cabin.


Gorgeous.




No comments:

Post a Comment