background

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Chocolate Chip Almond Quinoa Cookies

This is a quickie recipe post. I got a hankering for something sweet at lunch today and decided to make cookies. I had some cooked quinoa in the fridge (I was planning on using it for pancakes but the pancakes have not yet been made) so I decided to look for a recipe on Pinterest. Finding that most people that use quinoa make a "cookie" that resembles a granola bar, I decided to make up my own using my mom's classic cookie recipe.

NOTE: I have nothing against granola bars. Love them, make my own. I was looking for something, let's just say, not healthy.



Chocolate Chip Almond Quinoa Cookies

1/2 c. butter, softened
1 c. brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1 c. cooked quinoa
1/4 c. chopped almonds
1/2 c. chocolate chips
(you can add up to 1 c. chocolate chips, my husband prefers less)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugar. Add egg, mix well. Add flour, baking soda and salt all at once then mix. Stir in quinoa, then almonds, then chocolate chips. Roll into tablespoon-size balls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes. 






No comments:

Post a Comment