background

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Forida Trip & Anniversary

Last week we embarked on a journey to see family and get away from the day to day regular-ness of life. Our plan was to visit Nick's cousin in Mississippi on our way to see my brother and sis-in-law in Florida. We had a great time and definitely got a much needed break.

Uncle Trevor's house is a beautiful old house with so much charm on a nice piece of property. There's a big creek in the back with an amazing swing. I kick myself now for not really going on it, but I imagine we will get another chance someday.




The porch that we spent most of our time on.



The staircase was so cool and the old piano was really neat.





   Rustic table Nick's Uncle made.
 
 
                                      The top of the swing!

While we were at Jake and Kelly's, we mostly chilled. We did a few things but for the most part we just layed around the house all day.

 We went to this awesome zoo that had an aviary where you could play with the birds. Ryder was totally jazzed.


Ryder watching the wolf.


Jake getting to know the giraffe.


Ryder leaning on Aunt Kelly. So cute!



While we were there, we celebrated our 4 year anniversary. Nick happened to see that Tom Petty was in town, and ended up acquiring tickets! You have to understand, I like my music, but I've only ever been to one other concert when I was 18, and the sound was terrible. I was so stoked!!

Nick and I at the concert.


Needless to say, the concert was amazing!!!

 


Ryder started crawling while we were there!!! Finally! He's pretty good at it already. He also got his second tooth.


We also found that Ryder has a look-alike...

The first picture is a current one of Ryder, and the second  is a picture of my brother Jake as a baby.


Whoa.

Here's one we took of them while we were down there.


We ate like kings. Kelly and Jake fed us well.

Chicken Bryan


Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes


 Flourless Chocolate Torte


Thanks so much Jake and Kelly!! We had a great time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment