background

Thursday, April 19, 2012

How's It Coming?

Good, I think. We are going to be bombarded with berries as the different varieties ripen and cycle through. Right now all we've got are some strawberries and some mulberries. The mulberry tree by the creek is already ripe but the one by the garden is just starting to turn. The blackberries are trying to get some color too.



Alright, I'll admit it, I copped out. My tomato and pepper seedlings were just growing too slow. I bought some plants this week. I'm still going to try to cultivate my seedlings, maybe for fall planting or something, but I didn't want to be without tomatoes and peppers in my garden this year. Assuming the weather or bugs don't get them anyway. So now my garden is starting to look like a garden.

The pomegranate is in full bloom, and there are lots of blossoms. Hopefully we'll actually get some fruit this year.  Last year we got one little squatty pomegranate and Nick picked it before it was ready. Although I don't think it would have been very good anyway.


I'm also trying to grow celery. I've already started three plants, but they all died once I planted them in my garden. So I started two more and I'm going to see if they do any better in a pot. More than likely the soil in my garden is poor, so hopefully they'll like the potting soil. 

1 comment:

  1. Looks awesome! I love pomegranate trees! My mom has two and she gets these little tiny pomegranates... Those strawberries look awesome too!

    ReplyDelete