background

Friday, February 1, 2013

Fabulous Tiramisu

My current favorite dessert is tiramisu. Who wouldn't love it? Coffee, liqueur, and creamy goodness. I always want to order some when we go to an Italian restaurant, but I'm always so full from dinner that I can't even think about it. So this year, for my birthday, I decided that I'd make tiramisu at home so I could enjoy it for days instead of one bloated evening!

Happy Birthday to me!

This recipe is from kraftrecipes.com. Look up "Philadelphia Fabulous Tiramisu." It's a cheaper version because it uses cream cheese instead of marscapone (can you say, "ridiculously overpriced?") but it's still extremely tasty. I'm sure if you really wanted to use marscapone you could substitute it for the cream cheese.



Tiramisu

2 pkg (3oz each) ladyfingers
(or one recipe of my homemade ladyfingers)
2 Tbsp instant coffee
1 tbsp sugar
1 c. boiling water
2 pkg (8oz each) cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. white sugar
2 Tbsp almond flavored or coffee flavored liqueur
2 c. whipped topping, thawed
1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder



Dissolve instant coffee and 1 Tbsp sugar in boiling water.


Arrange half the ladyfingers in the bottom of a 13x9 dish. Brush half the coffee mix over the ladyfingers.


Beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add 1/2 c. sugar and liqueur, mixing until blended. Gently stir in whipped topping.


Spread half of the cream cheese mixture over the ladyfingers.


Top with remaining ladyfingers; brush with remaining coffee.


Spread remaining cream cheese mixture over ladyfingers.


Dust with cocoa.


Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.


Voila! Sweet deliciousness.

Happy Birthday!




No comments:

Post a Comment