background

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Little One Shoes

I posted pictures before of these awesome little shoes.


Since then I have made several pairs for all the new little babies that have been entering the world. While I used a pattern and tutorial that I found here, there are a few modifications I made, and I thought I would explain them in more detail.

What you need:

About 1/4 yard main fabric and lining fabric
Coordinating buttons
Velcro

*Modifications in bold.


First, using the pattern, cut out two of each piece in the main fabric and lining fabric.


On the larger pieces, put right sides together. On the sole piece, put right side out.


Now, sew a seam where the red line is on the above picture on both shoes.


Turn the larger pieces inside out and press flat. Now sew closed where the red line is in this picture, just enough to keep the two pieces together.

Now time to do the topstitching. I somehow didn't get a picture of this, but you can use the guideline from the previous picture (the one where it's inside out) to sew the topstitching. That's where you want to sew, but just do it right side out.


Now it's time to pin the two pieces together. You can use the markers that come on the pattern, or, just eyeball where you want the little flap to be. Right sides need to be inside, make sure the little flap is underneath.




Hand stitch the pieces together. (Make sure to keep the existing stitching on the inside of the shoe.)


Turn inside out and voila! You have shoes!


Sew your preferred button on the flap.


Velcro time. I usually sew the soft side on the flap.


Scratchy side on the shoe.


Done! Awesome!


Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy to do. And they are so cute!




No comments:

Post a Comment